At Aston Air-conditioning and Refrigeration our Work Health & Safety and Rehabilitation Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people employees at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf. People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. The public shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
The overall objectives of our Safety Policy are:
- To achieve an accident free workplace
- To make sure health and safety is considered in all planning and work activities;
- To involve our employees in the decision making process through regular communication, consultation and training;
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible manner;
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace
- To ensure all potential accident / incidents are controlled and prevented;
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
The success of our health and safety management is dependent on:
- Proactive planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing OH&S controls that are suitable to each given situation;
- Understanding the total work process and associated WHS risks;
- Ensuring Aston Air-conditioning and Refrigeration complies with all Statutory and Legislative requirements;
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives;
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees.
Our Business Management System is designed to satisfy the requirements of AS/NZS 4801:2001 and is aimed at minimising work related injury and illness.
Shane Bradford, Director